3 Ways to Keep Your Rental Property Safe In 2019January 2, 2019
Do You Have to Allow Marijuana in Your Detroit Rental Property?January 14, 2019
2019 is officially here and January is typically one of the busiest months for most owners because it’s also usually when tenants are renewing their leases or moving onto other properties.
If it’s been some time since you performed any maintenance at your rental properties, this article will provide you with a maintenance checklist for things that you should inspect this month.
Property Maintenance Checklist
- HVAC – If it’s been a while since your HVAC has been checked out you should clean the entire unit, visually inspect it for damage or needed repairs, and replace the air filter inside the home if it’s not been replaced in at least six months.
- Gutters – Remove all debris from the gutters on your investment property because you want them to be able to function properly once we have rain or snow runoff.
- Roof – Visually inspect the roof of your rental property from the ground for obvious damage or debris then safely climb your roof to look for lost shingles and obvious signs of damage.
- Doors and Windows – Review all doors and windows on your investment property to make sure they function normally and have functioning seals to keep the heat, cold, moisture out of your investment property.
- Smoke Alarms and Smoke Detectors – Last of all, but most important, you should check the detectors in your investment property to make sure that they have new batteries and are able to function normally when needed.
- Indoor Plumbing – Inspect sinks and toilets to make sure that they aren’t leaking and are continuing to work properly.
- Light bulbs – Check all bulbs in your investment property to verify that they are working and replace dead bulbs when needed.
- Flooring – Last of all, check all flooring to make sure that it’s in good condition and isn’t in need of repair.
Get Property Management in Detroit
For property management in Detroit Michigan contact Strategy Property Management by calling us at (734) 744-5080 or connect with us online strategypropertymanagement.com